Monday, March 31, 2008

IT FEELS GOOD TO BE IN MY SKIN!

I say that because no matter what the situation, the bump, crossroads, or hot mess I happen into or upon. I still rise up! I rise and I come up bigger and better then before. I overcome adversity.

I was just briefly chatting it up with a close friend of mine. She asked me a "what if" question that I responded "no" to. Then she used herself as an example, I responded, oh yeah I would tell you. She asked if "it depends on who the friend is" I said "yes" but the fact of the matter is I would only tell her. I would not involve myself in anyone else’s stuff.

I only began hanging with females after dropping the whole female friendship thing when I separated from my ex. I had female "associates" and we hung out every now and again. But a regular that was my home girl type friend uh no not since I was eighteen.


When I turned thirty-two I gave the whole girl friendship another shot. I'll tell you honestly that nothing had changed over the years with women and it would appear that they were more catty then ever before. Right in your face would be a shiny toothy smile and two seconds later they are chatting it up to the first person that would listen about "how horrible I looked in an outfit". I can do without the facade of female bonding. I'm not saying there aren't any true friendships or bonding experiences between women. Absolutely there are, however few and far between those friendships come into your life if at all. I am now experiencing for the first time in my life a sincere female bonding experience. I am so loving and enjoying it.

I am enjoying my own company also. This particular close friend lives in another state. We communicate everyday. She knows everything about me things I didn't even have to think about not telling her. She knows too much if you ask me. But the relationship is equally yoked in that sense. We are comfortable with Q&A because it's really asking because we generally are concerned about one another's well being.

I feel good, I am at peace. I can look in the mirror with knowing and appreciate the genuine goodness that exudes from within my heart. I feel good in my skin. Life is good.

Shout out to nutta butta!

No comments: