Friday, March 21, 2008

FRIDAY FREESTYLE

Life has a funny way of testing your strengths and weaknesses. Are we just made up of all the things life puts us through? Are we defined by our careers, our successes and failures? IS there a reward, a light at the end of the tunnel?

I have had a few things and people test my limits lately. I'm still persevering, I'm still strong and I'm still me.

I became frustrated and relieved in a matter of 2.2 secs in one day this week. The next day there was something else and again and again this week. I remained calm and prayerful throughout my frustrations. I wouldn't be taken to any other level. I tried to see the good (which isn't unusual in my thinking process)and stay positive if nothing else.

I fell asleep each night and awoke the next morning knowing that that day would be a better one then yesterday. I'm still happy and I'm still above ground. Any day above ground is a happy day.

I've made to Friday and things got better. I kept my communication lines open. I remained calm and at the end of this week all pieces came together thru faith and perseverance.

I wouldn't have had any other way. I'm used to being tested and I'm used of overcoming as well. I stopped saying long ago why me, when is it going to end? I learned why not me and it will end if I remain grounded and positive. Some situations are harder then others. It's equally as hard to not want to bitch slap some people that test and push you to edge.

I learned that my inner strength and balance is what unequivocally keeps me on top. I learned that it is okay to pat myself on the back, it's okay to exude my strength without pause and it's equally okay to be a little conceited. I've earned my conceit and bragging rights. I'm grown and a woman of a certain age. I've taken my licks of life. I haven't anything or anyone to be or feel competetive of at any time during my years. I allowed that spirit in my circle at one time. They fight to get back in, they wonder and assume why I could give less then a damn. I no longer am your people pleaser, your ear or sounding board. I have a circle that is now a diamond. A diamond with jewels wrapped around it in love and in spirit.

Friday love! Easter Blessings!

No comments: