Monday, March 3, 2008

Mediocrity

My weekend was pleasant in spite of a migraine. I went to visit a friend Friday. We had fun we watched TV, listened to music and played 9 ball in pool.

I won one game out of the two we played so that was good. We couldn't break the tie so we left it at that. Well, the reason we couldn't break the tie is because we were already in four patron shots followed by four Corona beers so another game just wasn't in the shot glass. haha

I woke up with a migraine/hangover. I had some other problems in the mix so that is why it turned into a horrible migraine. I had to get home and take something for it before I passed out from the pain.

I finally left my house to go to a baby shower well past the starting time of the shower but I made it for the celebration all the same. It seems that a lot of people were busy last spring/summer planting babies instead of flowers. lol

The daughter of a close friend of mine is pregnant. Good luck to the family! Anyway, I did want to attend the shower because she is a dear friend of mine and I made sure that I supported the friendship.

I almost let this friendship fade to black but we have stepped on new ground. With some people you can ask yourself "what value are they bringing to my life?" If you can't come up with a good answer that could only mean they are a parasite sucking you dry or just a mediocre friend and who wants either?

It may sound harsh but this is your life and you don't get to do it over again. So why allow others to just hang on for whatever reason? Just because?

Hang out with people that have a life, hang out with people that add to your life.


me·di·o·cre [mee-dee-oh-ker]

–adjective
1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
2. rather poor or inferior.

No comments: