Thursday, January 17, 2008

WHAT STIMULATES YOU?

Recently, I've been in overdrive as far as stimuli go. There are thoughts roaming around in my head, visions and flashbacks that are scandalous yet oddly sweet.

I think I operate on certain stimuli most times. I'm more on top of my every day goings on when I am being appropriately stimulated. I am not necessarily speaking about anything physical or sexual but overall stimuli.

I enjoy mental foreplay. I admire someone that has a range of conversation. What I'm up to or what you are up to is good conversation for about five minutes, unless you have done some traveling or something fun. I’m not saying that type of conversation isn’t interesting; I’m saying variety is good as well.

While being updated on current affairs of my life might be interesting to some. I live it and well I am not that exciting for daily updates. I like to tell my story from the end when I'm done if at all. My process is exactly that my process and I'm comfortable going thru and over it on a solo level most times. Maybe that is a martyr-like attitude to have but I also have my go to and I don't think any person can top him.

There are a lot more interesting people, places and things in the world going on. There are things that I am passionate about, such as current events, the current Presidential election and books that you or I may have currently read that stir conversation. I read a lot of books and magazines that are fun, informative and educational. I would like to think that I am a plethora of useless information sometime, some where down the line of my life I have used that trivial knowledge as a base or reference in conversation.

I'm a people watcher not to be mistaken for a person that judges another. I am by nature an individual that has an interest in the study of the mind. I have studied phsychology since I was eight years old. The why of things not really what because once you figure out the why then what for me is a no brainier at this point of my thinking.

I've been told I am "mysterious". I don't see the mystery, I'm just me. I'm an open book if or when I begin to trust you. Which means if I trust you I feel comfortable telling you my stuff, my why and my what. Which in affect of it all I am then effectively stimulated by comfort and trust.

I have a close friend that I love dearly. She is closer to me then any one I know. As a friend she has allowed me to feel safe and comfortable without judgment. She is my go to person of the flesh. We balance one another in our friendship; I can rely on her honesty with no chaser and without being offended and in turn I hope I have the same effect on her as a friend.

I can depend on her with my dumb stuff. Dumb stuff is the stuff you think but would never say out loud because someone else may "think" and "analyze" what you said or didn't say when there really is nothing. Which is the reason I say "without judgment".

How we got to this level of friendship I have no idea I feel like it was natural of us to mesh like one individual instead of two separate whatever it was that got us here we yoke nicely. I feel like we are sisters with two different sets of parents. *teehee* Real friends are hard to find if you find one at all.

I have another friend that I love and we are in the making of a similar friendship. Our friendship is moving its course differently but I know we'll get to that place of equal trust one day. I'm not pushing it I just know that one day we will have that balance.

These two people stimulate me as people. Both for different reasons and in different ways at times but I think that separately we have the same zest and passion about certain things in life.

Anyway enough about what’s sweet about them this is about me. We know that I am currently not stimulated at work (if you read the previous blog you would know). Well the scandalous stuff are secrets that have been thrown in the closet with the rest of the skeletons buried deep in the recesses of my mind to be taken over one day by dementia…lol.

When I’ve decided to age I’ll one day throw out random words and sentences that will turn red the face of any person nearest to me. “Grammy has been watching those dirty movies again”, I can hear it now somewhere in the distance from my grandkids. The truth is unbeknownst to them it will have been “real talk”.

I have a passion for music as well, not the artist. The beat behind the lyrics is my love for music, which is why I have an acquired taste for instrumental jazz and a love for R&B and hip-hop. When I hear a good beat I get lost in the vibration. I only tune into the words if I feel the beat has captured me and catapulted me into a zone of worthiness. But, gospel music is for my soul, my healing and cleansing of unwanted stimuli and hyperactive emotions and thoughts. Gospel music to me is what brillo pad is to a soiled or burned pot. Scrape off the surface and get it shiny again until next time.

You shouldn't listen to sad love songs, or rap music about guns and body parts all the time. It’s fun when I’m on the road driving or sometime we have our cleaning music on Saturday mornings. But when all that is over what is left in your mind will come up and out. Why? Stimulation and mediation… I mentioned yesterday about the mind meditating on certain things.

It may be good music but if you are knee deep in sad music eventually you too will become sad, lonely or both! Sad music is fine if used as healing music but you have to move on from it until you are able to appreciate the sadness and quality of the words for just another good song.

This is the reason that jazz may be effective when you are sad, there are sad beats in instrumental jazz. With jazz you create your own words and emotions but jazz won’t keep you sad. Instrumental jazz pushes you forward with an upward beat to take you out of the tailspin created in your mind.

In my humble opinion you definitely can and will not go wrong with gospel music there is nothing more uplifting then listening to music about your higher power. No matter what the words in the song you know they are about something and someone of good. You can't help but feel good in the end of listening to gospel. It can be succesfully used as a subliminal message of the things are around you that are wonderful.

Why are stimuli on my mind today? I was stimulated today by a conversation or mental foreplay. There is power in and behind your thoughts. Thoughts are very stimulating so I remind you to proceed with caution.


stim·u·late
noun
1. the act of arousing an organism to action
2. any stimulating information or event; acts to arouse action
3. (physiology) the effect of a stimulus (on nerves or organs etc.)
4. mutual sexual fondling prior to sexual intercourse [syn: foreplay]

No comments: