Friday, January 18, 2008

FREESTYLE FRIDAY

I am happy it's Friday! It wouldn’t bother me one bit if three days out of our seven-day week were Friday followed by Saturday.

I don't have any special plans going on then again I hardly ever do. I wing it most times. I don't pleasure running around from here to there all the time.

I wake up and get my day started early even on the weekend. I'm up and out running errands on Saturday and back in the house most times by 11am unless I have to spread my errands out thru the course of the day. My daughter and I like to chill out from the hustle and bustle of city life sometime. We prefer the slower country pace in the city setting.

I'm up early by force of habit. I use to run and bike ride. I had this whole exercise thing going on until three years ago. What happened? Nothing. I just stopped.

Have you ever noticed how much happier or less aged city people look once they move south or to some city that is much slower pace then NYC? A lot more alcoholism probably but hey you can’t have everything. Lol..

Anyway, most times we as New Yorkers are always in some sort of rush. We rush to get our errands done, we rush to go to work during rush hours, we rush to eat lunch in the one hour allotted time; someone in the car behind us in a rush to get in front of you and just about everything else we do in our daily lives is rushed. We essentially end up rushing to grow old.

So my daughter and I live life on weekends as if we were at a resort for the weekend. We like to just hang out around the apartment and then for some reason in the early evening we are ready to do something, anything and that is what we do. We operate at our own pace, I cruise down the street doing the speed limit when I drive, a friend of mine says I sashay when I walk (unintentional of course I think I am walking fast :))

I slowed down because I enjoy life and as I get older I find no need to hurry up and get it done. I enjoy life with my daughter and I don't want things to rush past me in a blur. I wake up and leave my house during the work week in enough time to go shopping and have a sit down breakfast before I arrive to work if I wanted to do those things. Well I do shop in the am sometime.. heehee

I notice the small things around me because I am paying attention. I appreciate the little things because I take time to appreciate them. Sometime I'm a goalie sometime I'm a winger. I like to plan certain things those are my goalie tendencies however, there are instances I like to leave things adjustable and adaptable and that's where the winger part of me comes out. Are they good traits? These traits work for me right now I'm a recovering planner. I am more adaptable and plan more effectively. My plans are subjective so when necessary I will plan.

This weekend I’m planning on staying out of trouble. Maybe I will share next week if things went according to plan. The operative word being maybe... but did you just notice that I did plan? When necessary plan!

re·lax
–verb (used with object)
1.to make less tense, rigid, or firm; make lax
2.to become less tense, rigid, or firm.
3.to become less strict or severe; grow milder.
4.to reduce or stop work, effort, application, etc., esp. for the sake of rest or recreation

No comments: