Monday, May 19, 2008

Who Are You To Judge Me?

Why do people ask the question"what are you up to?" "What do you do for a living?" The next thing in their mind is judgement. People immediately size you up based on what you do for a living or what you have in life. It's your life and you can do with it what you please. We all wish for the so called American Dream.

But somehow if you aren't chasing that dream with the rest of them you are judged, put in a lump hole as lazy or average. You aren't a criminal but you living an average life taking care of you family on a daily somehow is deemed as progressive. When I nreality just to have a kid that isn't in any trouble is progression enough. I'm all for people doing what they love, living the dream and going after your passion, but don't question me because I'm not running the cycle with you. We all don't have to be busy doing this and that to be happy. I love coming home and relaxing in my apartment with my daughter. I love conversing with her and being home making sure she is alright. Does me caring about my daughter make me lazy because I'm not involved in in what you "think" I should be doing?

Beccause I don't tell every facet of my life I let people make their own assumptions. I could care less because I don't need validation from anyone. I don't like answering questions nor do I like updating anyone on my interests. All lovely for conversation but unless you are a best friend then you don't need to know... That's me and how I feel...call it what you want but I don't need to pat myself on the back for my accomplishments for anyone. I shine everytime I see my daughter and every time she accomplishs something. I know that I am behind that greatness. Why can't I be as proud as the next person.

Motherhood is so greatly unappreciated and underrated....

No comments: