Monday, May 5, 2008

42 Mile 5-Boro Bike Tour


I registered for the ride during early registration. I always make a small attempt to recruit other riders women mostly but it never works, I get an all out "NO". I have recruited a few brave men in the past and we have braved this so called "tour" of the five boros.

It really is an adventure and it really is for the brave. There were a few steep inclines and and you will feel the burn. You do have to pump yourself up it truly is not for the weak minded. It is for the adventurous and the person that can be their own cheering squad. If you have a group of riders then that is even better because somewhere along the ride even the strong will get weary.

This has to be added to my list of accomplishments having regained my bragging rights. When I drive down certain highways, rode ways and over bridges namely the Verrazano. I can always say I rode a bicycle over this bridge, I can smile to myself and feel the sensation all over again. Will I do this next year? I just may, because the satisfaction I felt yesterday was amazing.

My riding partner and I went and had a nice meal before we went home. Toward the end of the ride all I could think about was food. I don't eat steak yet I kept imaging a steak dinner..lol.. Anyway, we enjoyed and treated ourselves with a nice meal. I got home and took advantage of my time alone as my daughter was visiting a friend.

I took a nice hot bath, meditated and washed my hair. I prayed and gave thanks for all my blessings and I realized how my inner happiness is exuding outward. I took time out for me and blocked out the outside world. While riding not only did my riding partner and I have small short conversations but being alone with my thoughts I did some thinking and reflecting and I realized that no one can take away my thoughts. I am happy, rich, blessed, healed and wealthy. I have a good pure heart and I thank God for all the lessons and accomplishments.

No comments: