Friday, February 8, 2008

RELAX

What is it that relaxes you? Is it a good workout? A good book? Music? A hot bath? A captivating movie?

Monday started out kind of rough for me so I welcome the calm that is settling over my mind. I had to brush my shoulders off and get a grip.

At one time or another I have indulged in either one or all of these activities on any given day to reach that relaxation point. I hide out from almost everyone and I sleep because sleeping rejuvenates and jump starts your mind. It's fuel for the brain just as food is at certain times of the day.

Tonight is one of those nights that I need alone time in my space with self. I crave peace. Lately, I have noticed that my mind is working overtime. I have been having restless sleep or not sleeping at all. I made a promise to myself that I'm done with all that and tonight I am going to RELAX. I'm going to get a nice bottle of wine or something and clean up the clutter in my mind.

I'm getting an early start right now. I enjoy writing. Poetry is more my forte but I do like keeping a journal of my thoughts or whatver I feel. I'm listening to some soothing music while I type..lol.. I am at work but I'm in the zone.

I have three moives I have had for two weeks from Netflix, so catching up is ont he agenda tonight. I'm going to make sure that I meditate and add some flame to my creativity. When I wake up in the morning my thoughts will be fresh and free flowing. I can't wait.

I'm not going to worry, or think about anyone but myself. I will not allow any interruptions via the phone or any other distractions to interfere with my RELAXATION goal.

When the mind is cluttered and everything around you is cluttered or filled with some sort of drama your creativity is stumped or fueled. My creativity and thoughts are usually stumped because I let worry consume me. I'm learning how not let these distractions spoil my creative side of my brain. I am learning to let things I have no control over or let alone change ruin my inner workings.

What I can control is when I have had enough distraction and clutter. Tonight is the night. I'm going to engross myself in me, love me, appreciate me and nuture my mind body and soul. Tonight is relaxation night. So light the flame, turn down the lights, run the bath, on with some soothing music and aaaaaaaaaaaaah ooooooooo saaaaaaa. :)

re·lax (rĭ-lāks') Pronunciation Key
v. re·laxed, re·lax·ing, re·lax·es

v. tr.

To make lax or loose: relax one's grip.
To make less severe or strict: relax a curfew.
To reduce in intensity; slacken: relax one's efforts.
To relieve from tension or strain: The warm bath relaxed me.

No comments: